Telescopic HAM Radio Towers – Guyed and Unguyed
Aluma proudly offers aluminum guyed and unguyed towers as an efficient solution to meet any of your HAM radio, HF, or UHF/VHF requirements. The lower section can be bracketed to a suitable structure rather than guyed, ensuring solid lateral support for your tower.
We offer two, three, and four section towers, comprised of telescoping sections, rising to 30 – 100 feet. Our HAM radio crank up tower models are constructed of extruded 6061-T6 tubing, both lightweight and strong. Tower sections are manually welded by certified welders using the TIG (Tungsten Inert Gas) welding process. All towers are rigged to allow the sections to telescope simultaneously, using stainless steel cable and pulleys. Aluma towers are designed according to the TIA-222-G Structural Standard for antenna supporting structures and antennas.
Aluma includes the following standard features with your tower:
- Tilting base: either our unique H-type hinge base or T-type tilt base (fixed base can be substituted at no charge) For permanent applications, the tower base is attached to a concrete pad. For temporary applications, an optional temporary base is available for quick, short-term deployment, such as field day, emergency operations, or mountain-top operation.
- Aluma’s engineered building brackets provide six inches of standoff for attachment to a suitable structure (house, barn, shed, etc.) against one side of the tower (custom brackets are available for an extra fee)
- All tower hardware, including stainless steel rigging, and cables and pulleys
- Zinc-plated hand crank worm gear winch (electric winches, both DC and AC, are available)
- Welded aluminum guy ears at the top of each section, color-coded to Aluma’s guy wire systems (guy wires sold separately)
- Aluminum masts for easy attachment of antennas or instrumentation
- Safety stop latch to remove tension on cables and eliminate unwanted retraction
- Updated aluminum rollers to facilitate smooth extension and retraction
HAM Radio Tower options range from: