Privately held Aluma Tower Company, Inc is the world’s preeminent supplier of aluminum mobile tower systems with thousands of units successfully deployed globally. The company is headquartered in Vero Beach, FL.
Aluma conceives, designs, engineers, manufactures, integrates, deploys, and services its core products. These products include a robust line of customizable telescoping towers, both guyed and un-guyed. Aluma’s towers can be fix-mounted or mounted on company-manufactured skids, truck beds, open trailers, and shelter trailers. Additional products include highly customized, environmentally-controlled radio cabinets and shelters, integration and test of customer furnished or Aluma provided equipment, and post-delivery support and logistics. Available accessories include custom antenna brackets, and generators and other portable power solutions, including solar panels and obstruction lighting.
Industries traditionally served by the company include military, telecommunications service providers, law enforcement, emergency management, surveillance, weather monitoring, oil and gas, and utilities. Aluma is currently expanding into additional vertical markets, driven by an enhanced focus on customer applications and use cases coupled with 5G/6G technology and accelerating movement to private networks. This new focus is opening an enormous wave of opportunities for Aluma in education, rural broadband, and private company sectors.
The candidate for this position will have extensive experience in telecom and wireless, including its electronic and software components, as well as leading-edge applications that are delivered through its networks. While knowledge of mobile towers would be an advantage, the right candidate will be trained in the company’s products and associated value-equations.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations explaining products or services to existing and prospective customers
- Speak with customers and engineers at an application level to understand use cases, assess equipment needs and to determine system requirements
- Collaborate with sales team to understand customer requirements and provide sales support
- Assist sales team in the preparation of complex price quotations and detailed proposals
- Work with the company’s engineering and product management teams to plan and modify products to meet customer needs
- Help clients solve problems with installed equipment
- Help in researching and developing new products
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with a track record of repeatedly delivering great revenue generation and retention results
- Inventor and innovator who has already proven it
- Intellect and horsepower to solve enormously complex problems inherent in closing large deals
- Owner who does what it takes to make their team successful
- High standards and relentless in maintaining them
- Operate well in an ambiguous environment
- Burning desire to be a part of something “really big”
- Confident, yet humble and authentic
- Ability to effectively manage relationships at senior levels both externally and internally (C-level)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Deep working knowledge of both traditional and bleeding-edge sales techniques and processes; able to assemble this knowledge into a cohesive model this is right for our generation, our company, and its markets
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of and comfort level with the technologies and product areas that power our company’s offerings and our customer’s applications; able to confidently articulate our product messages and value equation
- Deep positive relationships within the industry; viewed by industry professionals as an accomplished and respected leader
Education and/or Experience:
- Expert in writing and editing technical documents, including sales-oriented compelling narrative text
- Expert in verbal communication with executives, engineers, project managers, and procurement staff; via telephone, video, and face-to-face
- At least five years of progressive experience in a technical sales engineering role
- Trained in the basic principles of consultative / relationship / strategic / solution selling
- Bachelor’s Degree; presents as if they possess a Master’s
- Seeks a best-in-class sales incentive package
- Thrives in a collaborative team environment
This job description is an overview of the job and is not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify this description as it sees fit.
The company offers an upper quadrant benefits package and opportunity for career advancement.Available at www.alumatower.com, our “Cultural Deck” details the company’s value system including focus on helping each employee achieve their “Full Potential”.
Aluma Tower Company, Inc. requires proof of COVID-19 vaccination upon hire.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.