Privately held Aluma Tower Company, Inc is the world’s preeminent supplier of aluminum mobile tower systems with thousands of units successfully deployed globally. The company is headquartered in Vero Beach, FL.
Aluma conceives, designs, engineers, manufactures, integrates, deploys, and services its core products. These products include a robust line of customizable telescoping towers, both guyed and un-guyed. Aluma’s towers can be fix-mounted or mounted on company-manufactured skids, truck beds, open trailers, and shelter trailers. Additional products include highly customized, environmentally-controlled radio cabinets and shelters, integration and test of customer furnished or Aluma provided equipment, and post-delivery support and logistics. Available accessories include custom antenna brackets, and generators, and other portable power solutions, including solar panels and obstruction lighting.
Industries traditionally served by the company include military, telecommunications service providers, law enforcement, emergency management, surveillance, weather monitoring, oil and gas, and utilities. Aluma is currently expanding into additional vertical markets, driven by an enhanced focus on customer applications and use cases coupled with 5G/6G technology and accelerating movement to private networks. This new focus is opening an enormous wave of opportunities for Aluma in education, rural broadband, and private company sectors.
Poised for a period of dramatic growth we are searching for a seasoned, accomplished, respected, innovative technology-related industry leader to oin our team of Sales Directors.
The Sales Director (SD) is a trusted client advisor with the ability to uncover and create opportunities in emerging market segments and to develop effective growth strategies, tactics, and action plans in the commercial, military and government sectors and to successfully implement the execution of these strategies to achieve company and individual goals. Responsibilities include achieving annual targets, building relationships, understanding customer trends as well as ongoing learning of emerging technologies. The SD participates in trade shows, workshops, seminars, and events on behalf of the company. Responsibilities include creating comprehensive and compelling strategic proposals that challenge the status-quo and convince senior management with crystal clear value add, total cost of ownership and return on investment. Other position requirements include strong organizational, prospecting, qualification, meeting preparation and presentation, and closing skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create strong relationships with key client stakeholders at both senior and mid-management levels
- Work closely with colleagues on cross-territory opportunities and other internal teams on marketing materials and case studies
- Understand the competitive landscape and market trends
- Understand and effectively communicate the company’s value prop, tech, process, and current partnerships
- Comply with sales objectives by forecasting and meeting sales goals
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Ability to identify and strategically solve client issues
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively with management and cross-functional teams for both technical and non-technical audiences
- Work with the Sales team to implement targeted sales strategy
- Generate and maintain accurate Account and Opportunity plans
- Work with internal teams on behalf of clients to ensure the highest level of customer service
- Interface with technical support internally to resolve issues that impact customers and partners
- Sales forecasting accuracy
- Analyze pipeline and lead data, deliver periodic reporting to the sales and marketing teams providing key business insights
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Results-oriented with a track record of consistently delivering great revenue generation and retention results
- Inventor and innovator who has already proven it
- Intellect and horsepower to solve enormously complex problems inherent in closing large deals
- Owner who does what it takes to make their team successful
- High standards and relentless in maintaining them
- Operate well in an ambiguous environment
- Burning desire to be a part of something “really big”
- Confident, yet humble and authentic
- Ability to effectively manage relationships at senior levels both externally and internally (C-level)
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Deep working knowledge of both traditional and bleeding edge sales techniques and processes; able to assemble this knowledge into a cohesive model this is right for our generation, our company, and its markets
- Proven negotiation skills
- Strong understanding of and comfort level with the technologies and product areas that power our company’s offerings and our customer’s applications; able to confidently articulate our product messages and value equation
- Deep positive relationships within the industry; viewed by industry professionals as an accomplished and respected leader
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred
- Minimum 8+ years of consultative sales experience selling complex telecom and wireless solutions to telco’s, large enterprises and state, local, and federal government entities
- Expert in writing and editing sales proposals, including sales-oriented compelling narrative text
This job description is an overview of the job and is not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify this description as it sees fit.
The company offers an upper quadrant benefits package and opportunities for career advancement. Available at www.alumatower.com, our “Cultural Deck” details the company’s value system including a focus on helping each employee achieve their “Full Potential”.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.