Responsibilities of the HR Coordinator/EA will be a hybrid of HR duties and executive assistant responsibilities. This individual will perform a variety of business administrative tasks and support Aluma’s general manager. The executive assistant role responsibilities include, but are not limited to, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, and preparing a variety of reports for the general manager. The HR portion of the role will include overseeing the human resources responsibilities and activities of Aluma which include, but are not limited to, processing payroll, administering open enrollment, employee onboarding, and provide support to employees in various HR-related topics. This hybrid role needs to have a detailed understanding of the Microsoft Office product suite, be extremely fast at solving problems, maintain confidentiality, and preferably have experience as an administrative assistant, and/or HR coordinator in the past.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Provide sophisticated calendar management for GM. Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts; make judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
• Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the GM’s ability to effectively lead the organization, including: assisting with special projects; designing and producing complex documents, reports, and presentations; collecting and preparing information for meetings with staff and outside parties; composing and preparing correspondence; maintaining contact lists; making travel arrangements; and completing expense and mileage reports.
• Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the GM, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature. Prioritize and determine appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgement to reflect GM’s style and organization policy.
• Work closely with the GM to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer,” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the GM updated. Anticipate GM’s needs in advance of meetings, conferences, etc.
• Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and assist with staff meetings and events as needed.
• Provide “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role, providing a bridge for smooth communication between the GM and staff, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust, and support with the Executive Team. Complete projects by assigning work to appropriate staff, including the Executive Team, on behalf of the GM.
• Help coordinate the GM’s outreach activities. Follow up on contacts made by the GM to cultivate ongoing relationships.
• Manage all aspects of organization’s office services. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved work flow and anticipate future needs as organization grows.
• Replenish office materials such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, etc.
• Provide event management support as requested.
• Provide hospitality to all guests and help to create a welcoming environment.
• Process and distribute daily mail.
• Invest in building long-lasting relationships both externally and internally.
• Other projects/duties as assigned for the overall benefit of the organization.
• Assist with all internal and external HR related matters.
• Assist in administering benefits and conduct yearly open enrollment.
• Participate in developing organizational guidelines and procedures.
• Recommend strategies to motivate employees.
• Assist with the recruitment process by identifying candidates, conducting reference checks and issuing employment contracts.
• Investigate complaints brought forward by employees.
• Coordinate employee development plans and performance management.
• Perform orientations and update records of new staff.
• Manage the organization’s employee database and prepare reports.
• Produce and submit reports on general HR activity.
• Assist with budget monitoring and payroll.
• Keep up-to-date with the latest HR trends and best practices.
Education and/or Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in relevant experience a plus.
• General understanding of Labor Law and employment equity regulations.
• Efficient administration and people management skills.
• Excellent record-keeping skills.
• Fantastic knowledge of HR functions and best practices.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Works comfortably under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
• Superb computer literacy with capability in email, MS Office and related HR software.
• Remarkable organizational and conflict management skills.
• Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Paylocity knowledge a plus.
• Discretion and confidentiality