Privately held Aluma Tower Company, Inc is the world’s preeminent supplier of aluminum mobile tower systems with thousands of units successfully deployed globally. The company is headquartered in Vero Beach, FL.
Aluma conceives, designs, engineers, manufactures, integrates, deploys, and services its core products. These products include a robust line of customizable telescoping towers, both guyed and un-guyed. Aluma’s towers can be fix-mounted or mounted on company-manufactured skids, truck beds, open trailers, and shelter trailers. Additional products include highly customized, environmentally controlled radio cabinets and shelters, integration and test of customer furnished or Aluma provided equipment, and post-delivery support and logistics. Available accessories include custom antenna brackets, and generators and other portable power solutions, including solar panels and obstruction lighting.
Industries traditionally served by the company include military, telecommunications service providers, law enforcement, emergency management, surveillance, weather monitoring, oil and gas, and utilities. Aluma is currently expanding into additional vertical markets, driven by an enhanced focus on customer applications and use cases coupled with 5G/6G technology and accelerating movement to private networks. This new focus is opening an enormous wave of opportunities for Aluma in education, rural broadband, and private company sectors.
Poised for a period of dramatic growth we are searching for a seasoned, accomplished, respected, innovative technology-related industry Fabricator to join our Production team.
We are looking for technically skilled candidates with good attention to detail for the position of fabricator. Fabricators are responsible for adhering to a production schedule, ensuring that all parts are properly fitted, aligned and secured and ensuring that safety standards are always met, among other duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reading and understanding product schematics and assembly instructions.
- Taking part in product development meetings.
- Verifying dimensions and product specifications.
- Ensuring that all the required parts for assembly are present.
- Marking cutting lines on material and cutting parts.
- Ensuring that all parts are properly fitted, aligned and screwed in.
- Ensuring that quality control standards are met.
- Maintaining a production schedule.
- Testing products for their functionality.
- Troubleshooting and stress testing products to minimize problems or recalls.
- Reporting and detailing product malfunctions.
- Adhering to assembly safety standards.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exposure and/or knowledge on process compliance.
- Basic understanding of contractual quality requirements and flow down.
- Knowledge of Quality Management System (QMS) purpose and functions.
- Knowledge of Quality Control, Production Inspection and Control, Sampling, and Testing Education.
- Basic understanding of all Aluma organizational and business policies and procedures, processes, and of government regulations.
- Skill in using PC applications.
- Skill in use of basic inspection and measurement tools, including instruments, calipers, micrometers, blueprints, etc.
- Knowledge and understanding of documentation, processing, and production paperwork.
- Ability to work under minimal supervision.
- Self-starter and team player with a sense of urgency.
- Standing for long periods of time.
- Climbing into and under trailer units to conduct through inspections. (when needed)
This job description is an overview of the job and is not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify this description as it sees fit.
The company offers an upper quadrant benefits package and opportunities for career advancement. Our “Cultural Deck” details the company’s value system including a focus on helping each employee achieve their “Full Potential”.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.