Privately held Aluma Tower Company, Inc is the world’s preeminent supplier of aluminum mobile tower systems with thousands of units successfully deployed globally. The company is headquartered in Vero Beach, FL.
Aluma conceives, designs, engineers, manufactures, integrates, deploys, and services its core products. These products include a robust line of customizable telescoping towers, both guyed and un-guyed. Aluma’s towers can be fix-mounted or mounted on company-manufactured skids, truck beds, open trailers, and shelter trailers. Additional products include highly customized, environmentally controlled radio cabinets and shelters, integration and test of customer furnished or Aluma provided equipment, and post-delivery support and logistics. Available accessories include custom antenna brackets, and generators and other portable power solutions, including solar panels and obstruction lighting.
Industries traditionally served by the company include military, telecommunications service providers, law enforcement, emergency management, surveillance, weather monitoring, oil and gas, and utilities. Aluma is currently expanding into additional vertical markets, driven by an enhanced focus on customer applications and use cases coupled with 5G/6G technology and accelerating movement to private networks. This new focus is opening an enormous wave of opportunities for Aluma in education, rural broadband, and private company sectors.
Aluma Tower Company, Inc is seeking a candidate who will collaborate with their team of Engineers, Technicians, Fabricators, Suppliers, and Customers. The ideal candidate will be well rounded with an electro-mechanical skill set. Industrial/commercial experience would be highly preferred. Thorough knowledge of electrical theory, standards & practices (both AC & DC) is required. Experience with multiple power sources (generators, shore power, transfer switches, etc.) is also required. This candidate must have efficient troubleshooting capabilities and knowledge with installations of a wide variety of components and integrations. Programming PLC’s would be a plus but not required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop technical documents, test procedures, installation procedures, and maintenance and repair process documents and schematics.
• Work with Technical Sales Manager to develop maintenance manuals and schedule for customers.
• Interface with Employees and Manager within the Engineering department, Program Management, manufacturing, quality, purchasing, external vendors and customers.
• As appropriate, participate in technical design reviews and failure investigations.
• Collaborate with Engineering Manager on design process development initiatives, design architectures, department workflows and structure, etc.
• Support off hours and weekend routine troubleshooting events as needed.
• Provide leadership and coordination of product definition & specification activities.
• Manage work to meet program schedules and team metrics.
• Work on developmental and production teams to create and maintain configuration baselines (development, test, production, etc.) supporting developmental and operational systems.
• Plan and schedule projects, estimate time and materials, lead electrical team members, maintain records and files, and prepare reports
• Attend and participate in the Engineering phase gate meetings (Kick-off, TDR, PDR, CDR)
• Work with Engineering to aid in the design and development of streamlined, standardized, low-cost electrical systems
• Work with Quality Manager and Inspector to develop quality process and test plans for electrical systems
• Work with Materials Manager and maintain knowledge of electrical materials in stock and request inventory orders when needed
• Advise Production Manager, Program Manager, and electrical engineering of technical problems concerned with installation, modification, and repair of electrical systems
• Recommend electrical and electronic components and process revisions when necessary to fully utilize inventory and assigned personnel
• Inspect work to ensure compliance with electrical standards, quality standards, internal processes, and electrical systems
• Follow proper safety procedures (LOTO, proper grounding, and proper test procedures i.e. to minimize chance of shock or accident)
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Understanding of design for reliability and analysis/prediction requirements
• Proficient MS Office skills for development of spreadsheets, documents, work instructions, etc.
• SolidWorks Enterprise Product Data Management (EPDM) and Global Shop Software experience is a plus, but not required
• Strong analytical and creative problem-solving capabilities
• Strong Project Engineering Skills with demonstrated experience in meeting budgets.
• Ability to provide and execute effective presentations with the Company’s Management team and its customers.
• Ability to work in an integrated team environment with Engineering & Manufacturing personnel to implement producibility principles for material and manufacturing cost reductions
• Ability to create basis of estimates for budgeting and proposal activity.
• Knowledge of electronic components (electrical components, resistors, capacitors, diodes, etc.)
• Knowledge of AC and DC circuits, high and low voltage, single and multiple phase, international electrical systems
• Knowledge, design, and standards per the NEC (National Electric Code)
Education and/or Experience:
• Certified Electrical Technology training from an accredited school with a minimum of 3 years relevant experience as an Electrical or Controls Technician or Engineer with demonstrated design and introduction to manufacturing of products OR 5+ years of relevant experience as an Electrical or Controls Technician or Engineer
• Experience in electro-mechanical systems with AC/DC circuits, wiring, shore power, generators, and HVAC equipment.
• Experience with design & testing for agency compliance preferred (MIL--STD--461, FCC, UL, CE, MILSTD704, MILSTD1275, MILSTD810, IPC-620, MIL-HDBK-454, etc.)
• Minimum of 1 year experience with AutoCAD or alike CAD system to generate build to print electrical schematics
• Experience in implementation of electrical equipment systems such as load centers, shore power, machine tool equipment, product acceptance testers, pumps, motors, sensors, controls, etc.
This job description is an overview of the job and is not intended to include all tasks or responsibilities. Additional tasks or responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of Management. The company reserves the right to modify this description as it sees fit.
The company offers an upper quadrant benefits package and opportunities for career advancement. Our “Cultural Deck” details the company’s value system including a focus on helping each employee achieve their “Full Potential”.
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.