Aluma Tower’s Design Your Own Tower provides a customized aluminum tower solution that is climbable, relocatable and can be erected on site by two people within one week. Our DYOT tower is ideal for situations with limited area for deployment where cranes and trucks can’t go. Designing your own tower means more focus and time on the work to be done, and less time and money spent on setting up a tower.
How Does it Work?
- By using modular components
- Cotton Pins
- Painted Extrusions
- Mounted on concrete or skid
- Tower can be erected on-site by two people in about a week
What Can it Do?
Sections are made of 6061-T6 tubular aluminum, which allows for the tower to be built on-site with minimal effort and without heavy equipment. DYOT supports up to 1000 lbs 60ft above the base with a 50 sq. ft. area at 70mph unguided. The tower is climbable and can support a standing platform with a crane or can be configured for a communication array.
Benefits & Features
- 1000 lbs of payload at 60’and 1400 lbs at 20ft
- Built on-site by two people with hand tools
- Tower is climbable
- Small foot print
- 60’max height
- Short lead time (8 weeks)
- Structural analysis done by FDH Velocitel
- DYOT requires 6 concrete pad points
- Total of 4 j-anchor bolts per concrete pad (concrete pad and j-anchors are provided by user)
- Each concrete pad is a cylinder, 2.5ft in diameter by 5 ft deep
- No special rebar is required
- Requires a minimum of 4000psi concrete
Aluminum Skid Base (Ballasted) & Guyed
1 skid system is composed of 4 bolt-on smaller systems. The assembled skid configuration is 20ft x 14ft, a minimum of 4 small systems are needed to deploy a DYOT when mounted to a skid system. DYOT requires guying to the skid platform, a total of 4 anchor points with no ground penetration. The skid uses ballasts (concrete or water tanks) to provide the necessary support for a 60ft (18m) tower, a total of 14,940lbs (6775 kg) of ballast weight is necessary.
Base Option Details
- More permanent
- Does not require guy wires
- Concrete and anchors are provied by the user
- Typical tower installation with 6 anchor points
- Is transportable
- Assembled from 4 sections
- Takes up aproximately 3 parking spaces
- Requires 15,000 lbs of ballasting
- Requires tower to be guyed to skid
3 Sections of Tower
- a base section 10’ tall
- either concrete base or skid base
- mid section 5’ (at least 1, no more than 4)
- a top section 5’ (at least 1, no more than 6)