Aluma Tower’s Design Your Own Tower provides a customized aluminum tower solution that is climbable, relocatable, and can be erected on site by as few as two people within one week. Our DYOT tower is ideal for situations with limited area for deployment where cranes and trucks can’t go. Designing your own tower means you can spend time on the tower application, and less time and money on setting up a tower.
How Does it Work?
By using modular components such as,
- Cotter pins
- Patented extrusions
- Mounted on concrete or skid
- An Aluma DYOT can be erected on-site by as few as two people in about a week
What Can it Do?
Sections are made of 6061-T6 tubular aluminum, which allows for the tower to be built on-site with minimal effort and without the need for heavy equipment. DYOT supports up to 1000 lbs., 60ft above the base with a 50 sq. ft. area, and can withstand winds up to 70mph unguyed. The tower is climbable and can support a standing platform with a crane or it can be configured for a communication array.
Benefits & Features
- 1000 lbs of payload at 60′ and 1400 lbs at 20ft
- Built on-site by two people with hand tools
- Tower is climbable
- Small foot print
- 60′ max height
- Short lead time (8 weeks)
- Structural analysis done by FDH Velocitel
- DYOT requires 6 concrete pad points
- Total of 4 j-anchor bolts per concrete pad (concrete pad and j-anchors are provided by user)
- Each concrete pad is a cylinder, 2.5ft in diameter by 5 ft deep
- No special rebar is required
- Requires a minimum of 4000psi concrete
Aluminum Skid Base (Ballasted) & Guyed
One skid system is composed of 4 bolt-on smaller systems. The assembled skid configuration is 20ft x 14ft, and a minimum of 4 small systems are needed to deploy a DYOT when mounted to a skid system. DYOT requires guying to the skid platform, a total of 4 anchor points with no ground penetration. The skid uses ballasts (concrete or water tanks) to provide the necessary support for a 60ft (18m) tower, a total of 14,940lbs (6775 kg) of ballast weight is necessary.
Base Option Details
- More permanent
- Does not require guy wires
- Concrete and anchors are provied by the user
- Typical tower installation with 6 anchor points
- Is transportable
- Assembled from 4 sections
- Takes up approximately 3 parking spaces
- Requires 15,000 lbs of ballasting
- Requires tower to be guyed to skid
Sections of Tower
- Installed in 5Ft increments, the HD (Heavy Duty) section provides the necessary structure to support a large load at the top of the tower.
- The HD section is also perfect to allow mounting communication antennas, positioners, and dish.
- Also installed in 5 FT increments, the support section is responsible for providing the necessary structure to support a large load at the top of the tower.
- The Support section can also be used to for mounting communication antennas, positioners and dish.
- The Base section is the composed of the first 10FT of the tower.
- Combined with a tripod-type leg system, the base is designed to provide the stability and to support to the whole tower.
- The Current Base section can be installed in a concrete base or on a skid mounting system.
- One 10’ tall base section
- One concrete base or skid base
- One 5’ section (at least 1, no more than 4)
- One 5′ top section (at least 1, no more than 6)